Today is a special day for our country! All the way back in 1776 we declared our Independence and began our quest to be the Land of the Free and Home of the Brave. We celebrate this holiday by honoring those who have protected and served the country! Most Americans enjoy parades, family barbecues and fireworks on this special day.
Our position in the global landscape has grown and changed over the years. We continue to debate at the local, state and federal level. Thankfully, our voices, votes, and ideas matter. We have a unique opportunity in this country to challenge the process, ask questions, and ensure that our values are protected.
Here are a few I found interesting:
- Did you know that Alaska has the highest percentage of people who walk to work?
- 27% of Americans do not think we landed on the moon
- Montana has 3 times as many cows as people
- The Declaration of Independence was written on Hemp paper
- The Liberty Bell has been cracked (and silent) since 1846
- Virginia has 8 Presidents who were born in the state making it the most in the country
- 7% of Americans claim they never bath
- 1 in 8 Americans have been employed by McDonald’s
- 8 Billion Chickens are consumed in the US each year
- Every tweet Americans send is being archived by the Library of Congress